Chronic pain makes it difficult to go about your daily routine and will affect your overall quality of life. People experience chronic pain for a number of different reasons, including ageing, changes in the joints, injury, poor posture, exercising incorrectly and arthritis, to name a few.
If you’ve tried to take medication for your chronic pain and have not seen any results, it may be time to consider naturopathic and alternative treatments to help you manage your pain. Here is a list of treatments that you can consider that can lead to positive results and significantly reduce your level of pain:
- Acupuncture. This form of treatment is becoming increasingly popular and is known to be an effective option when it comes to pain caused by osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia, as well as sports and back injuries. Acupuncture has the ability to block certain pain signals that come from a patient’s nerves and even help trigger the brain to release specific chemicals that numb pain.
- Exercise. Depending on the type of pain you have, physical activity can help by providing you with a boost of energy, putting you in a better mood and relieving you of your pain. Be sure to consult your doctor first in case there are certain exercises you need to avoid. They will also be able to provide you with their recommendations as certain exercises will be more beneficial than others.
- Prolotherapy. Prolotherapy is a non-surgical treatment that works best for pain in the back, knee, hip, and shoulder. It is an injection of a natural irritant to the soft tissue of an injured joint. After the injection is activated, your body will begin to repair and strengthen the damaged ligaments in the affected area.
- Turmeric. This is a powerful supplement that is part of the ginger family and is known to help reduce inflammation that causes pain. It is a root and you can incorporate it into your diet in different ways, including putting it in your tea, using it as an ingredient to add spice and flavour to a meal or even take it in capsule form.
- Vitamin D. This will help with a number of functions in your body, including bone strength, cell growth and immune function, to name a few. Vitamin D also has anti-inflammatory properties, so taking the right amount will provide relief from chronic pain.
Kinetic Patterns is a medical clinic in Vancouver whose doctors specialize in naturopathic treatments to help patients manage their pain. In addition to pain relief, naturopathic doctors can help you sleep better, eliminate depression and improve your quality of life. If you’re in the Vancouver area and want a naturopathic clinic or pharmacy to help with your chronic pain, visit Kinetic Patterns today.