Castor oil is extracted from the seed of the castor oil plant whose botanical name is ricinus communis, also known as Palma Christ.
The Castor oil pack has many applications and has been used as a home remedy for all kinds of problems such as constipation, gall bladder inflammation or stones, inflamed joints, inflammation, intestinal disorders, liver disorders, pelvis disorders, and most importantly for lymphatic circulation and immune system.
- Castor oil
- Flannel cloth, cotton or wool (non colored, non bleached) size enough to cover area being treated
- Hot water bottle or heating pad
- Plastic sheet or towel used as a barrier between castor oil and heat
Instructions for Use:
- Drizzle the flannel with castor oil, should be wet not dripping.
- Apply the flannel cloth on area being treated.
- Apply either a layer of plastic or towel on top of the flannel.
- Apply hot water bottle or heating pad on top then apply a towel over the heat
- Leave on for approximately 45 minutes.
- The skin can be cleaned with a mixture of a quart of water and two teaspoons of baking soda.
- Do not wash the flannel, but store the flannel in a zip lock bag. It can be reused for up to 3 months while adding a little more castor oil each time.
- For best results apply every day for 4 consecutive days in a row.