Congratulations to everyone who has joined our periodontal health program. So far we have tested 158 patients and staff members! Of those tested, over 60% had harmful bacteria growing in their mouths, and started our anti-microbial protocol. Good news for them, because reducing these harmful bacteria significantly decreases heart attacks, strokes and other inflammatory diseases, as well as prevents the immune problems found with deeper gum infections. Minimizing the harmful bacteria in the mouth is the key factor in preventing all gum disease and promoting good health in general.
Find out if you have a gum infection. Ask your dentist if you are not sure.
Signs of Gum Disease
Early stages: redness, puffiness, easy bleeding, bad breath
Later stages: receding gums, deep pockets around the teeth, and even tooth loss
Our Healthy Gums Protocol
- Take our Micro-Ident test to identify any offending bacteria
- Take the appropriate antibiotics if needed
- Use our herbal antimicrobial rinse (see herb of the month)
- Use our magic gum solution for added anti-microbial activity (see below)
- Use our perio tooth paste
- Take our probiotics during and after the antibiotics
- Repeat the test 8 weeks later
- Consider seeing one of our naturopathic doctors to monitor your progress