Hot flashes and night sweats are only two of the many symptoms of menopause.
Many women are able to pass through menopause with ease, but intense menopausal symptoms are becoming more and more common, and are a sign of hormonal imbalance. This can be treated! Often the thyroid and adrenal hormones are involved as well, and must also be addressed.
Symptoms of menopause and peri-menopause:
- Hot flash and night sweats
- Weight gain
- Foggy thinking and poor memory
- Insomnia and fatigue
- Vaginal dryness and loss of libido
- Heavy bleeding (peri-menopause)
- Bladder infections and incontinence
- Anxiety and depression, mood swings, teariness
- Worsening of other pre-existing conditions
Naturopathic medicine is excellent at addressing menopausal symptoms. ND’s are uniquely suited to help get to the root cause of hormonal problems, and to provide education on creating lasting changes to overall health.
A hormone balancing program will start with a detailed history and lab assessment. An individualized treatment plan will be suggested to optimize digestion, liver function, the nervous system (stress), and decrease inflammation if necessary. Women often report having increased energy, drive, and mental clarity after learning how to take care of their bodies.